Amendment of OSA Constitution - Invitation for suggestions
The current constitution has been in use for nearly nine years and it is time for review and see if fine-tuning is needed.
CCSCOSA is now inviting suggestions and proposals on the amendment of constitution. Feasible suggestions will be consolidated by a working committee and the final proposal will be put forward for voting in the EGM cum AGM to be held in September 2016.
Working committee for constituion amendment:
Mr Mark Siu Man (School representative)
Mr Pong King Yin, Jover (CCSCOSA representative)
Mr Tsoi Sze Yeung, Simon (Alumni representative)
Reference: CCSCOSA constitution (effective since October 2007) Link
Results of the CCSCOSA Alumni Manager 2016 - 2018
The polling has been conducted today 22nd April 2016 at school campus.
We have only 1 candidate participating in the election: candidate no. 1) Mr. Koo Fong
Ngai, Benny, Year of Graduation (S5) 1990
Total number of valid votes: 87
Votes cast in person - 82
Votes cast by proxy - 5
Votes of confidence (“For”) - 85
Votes of non-confidence (“Against”) - 0
Votes withheld - 2
We hereby announce that Mr. Koo Fong Ngai, Benny is elected for the CCSCOSA
Alumni Manager session 2016 - 2018.
Any complaints shall be lodged to Dorothy Kwok, returning officer of the election
committee, on or before 30 April 2016.
23 April 2016
Nomination Notice for the Alumni Manager Election 2016
We are glad to invite nominations for the election of the Alumni Manager, who is going to serve a term of office of 2 years starting from the date of registration with the Education Bureau. As stated in the constitution of the Old Students’ Association (OSA), the Alumni Manager should report his work to the Association at least twice a year, reflect the opinions of alumni in the Incorporated Management Committee (IMC) of the School and also consult the opinions of alumni through the Association before making important decisions in the IMC, if the situation allows. Any member interested in being a candidate should pay attention to the following items.
1. The nomination period will be from 27 March to 4 April, 2016.
2. All nominations shall be made within the nomination period and any nomination received by the Election Committee after 4 April 2016 will be void.
3. Any member of the OSA is eligible to be nominated as a candidate at the Election.
4. A person may nominate himself as a candidate at the Election.
5. A person to be nominated as a candidate at the Election shall obtain valid nominations from no less than three members.
6. If a member nominates more than one person as candidates at the Election, his first nomination received by the Election Committee shall be valid and all subsequent nominations void.
8. The Election Committee shall inform the validly nominated candidates of their candidate numbers, which will be determined by the drawing of lots, and give notice of such information to all members at the end of the nomination period.
9. For any nominee who wants to withdraw the nomination, he / she should notice that:
a. such a request should be formally made by informing the Election Committee via e-mail (firstname.lastname@example.org) of the reason(s) for withdrawing from the Election. An e-mail stating the decision of the Election Committee for the application made will then be sent to the nominees concerned; and
b. any request for withdrawal made during or after the promotion period will be announced to all members of the OSA by the Election Committee in the web page of the Association for the reference of the members.
10.Any member interested in being a candidate at the Election may also refer to the Election Regulations concerned, which have been uploaded to the web page of the OSA.
24 March 2016
Polling Notice for the Alumni Manager Election 2016
Polling of the CCSC Alumni Manager Election will be held on 22 April 2016.
1. Alumni are allowed to appoint another member of the OSA as their proxy to vote on their behalf.
2. All appointments of proxy should be made in the online proxy form. An e-mail confirming the receipt of proxy will be sent to the old student concerned after the proxy is received.
3. All appointments of proxy shall be made on or before 21 April 2016 and any proxy received by the Election Committee after 21 April 2016 will be void.
1. Polling will be held on 22 April 2016. The polling station is in the School Office (1/F) from 10:00 am to 5:30 pm and School Hall (2/F) from 5:30 pm to 8:15 pm. An ID document should be produced for verification of identity before a member of the OSA is allowed to vote.
2. Each member of the OSA, including the candidates, is eligible to cast one vote on his own behalf, unless he is a member of the Election Committee.
3. Each member may cast a vote for only one candidate. The directions given in the ballot paper should be followed when the vote is cast.
4. A member of the OSA is permitted to revoke the appointment of proxy submitted before and vote himself only if he makes the request in person on the polling day before the member appointed as his proxy casts the vote for him.
5. No promotion is allowed within the school campus on the polling day.
6. Any member casting his vote shall abide by the regulations for the polling station and the instructions of its staff.
7. Counting of ballots will be conducted immediately after the end of the polling and announcement of results will take place thereafter.
Online Proxy form:
Old Students' Association
14th April 2016
Notice on formation of Alumni Manager Election Committee (2016)